Es-discuss - several decimal discussions

Mark S. Miller erights at google.com
Mon Aug 25 06:45:16 PDT 2008

On Sun, Aug 24, 2008 at 11:20 PM, Brendan Eich <brendan at mozilla.org> wrote:
> Yes, this is gross. I'm in favor of Object.identical and Object.hashcode,

I don't care if Object.eq is named Object.identical. Other than
spelling, does your Object.identical differ from Object.eq? If not,
then I think we're in agreement.

> maybe even in ES3.1 (I should get my act together and help spec 'em). Just
> not particularly on account of Decimal, even with equated cohort members. I
> still agree with Sam. And as always,"hard cases make bad law".

What is it you and Sam are agreeing about? I lost track.

I like the point about bad law. Numerics are definitely a hard case.

--
    Cheers,
    --MarkM