local

Yuh-Ruey Chen maian330 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 21 21:04:44 PDT 2008

Jon Zeppieri wrote:
> > For very small and simple projects it's great that JavaScript lets
> > you sprinkle your declarations all over the code, with redundant
> > repetitions if you like. Block scope should be available also with
> > this usage pattern, in my view.
>
> I *do* know, however, that I don't like this.
>
> I think you, Ingvar, are the lone champion of redundant variable declarations.

Actually, I'm pretty sympathetic to redundant variable declarations,
because cut/copy/pasting around code often requires tedious finessing of
declarations.

With that said, I wish variables did not require |var| declarations and
were just local by default ala Python. It would solve this issue and
improve overall security to boot (from dumb coder mistakes), but
unfortunately it's too late to change :(