Wiki login

Brendan Eich brendan at mozilla.org
Sun Aug 17 10:45:06 PDT 2008

On Aug 16, 2008, at 11:23 PM, David-Sarah Hopwood wrote:

> Brendan Eich wrote:
>> We in Ecma TC39 have been using wiki.ecmascript.org for committee
>> work,
>> but with almost everything visible to the public. What were you
>> hoping
>> to do with it?
>
> Contribute to the discussions there. It's much more efficient to do
> that
> by editing the wiki than by commenting here -- that's what wikis
> are for.
> In particular, I wanted to comment on security implications (both
> positive and negative) of some of the proposed extensions.

The standards process is pay-to-play within Ecma, except for
Universities. See my reply to Peter Michaux sent just now. We would
have to consult with the TC39 chair about including non-members as
invited experts, and in general such experts have been invited only
to one or two meetings. The public wiki is new for Ecma; we're still
working out how it should work.

In the mean time, please post thoughts here.