es4-discuss at mozilla.org renamed to es-discuss at mozilla.org

Brendan Eich brendan at mozilla.org
Sat Aug 16 11:15:24 PDT 2008

On Aug 15, 2008, at 11:31 PM, David-Sarah Hopwood wrote:

> Brendan Eich wrote:
>> The rename has been done by making a new list with the same
>> members  as
> the old, and setting up forwarding from the old list's mail alias
> to the
> new alias.
>
> Shouldn't the members of es3.x-discuss also be added?

This is a list rename, since Doug at least wanted es3.x-discuss left
around. I'm loath to bulk-subscribe people, and I believe everyone on
the es3.x-discuss list is also on es-discuss already. Sending a
subscribe message to the -request alias is easy enough in case
someone isn't already there.

Really, the subset relations that were supposed to govern the
committee prior to Harmony, in my opinion, obligated Ecma TC39
members to be on both lists. Interested onlookers felt the same need,
as far as I can tell. If there is still someone out there who still
rejects a future beyond ES3.1, I'm not going to force him or her to
join the es-discuss list.