ECMAScript Harmony

Allen Wirfs-Brock Allen.Wirfs-Brock at microsoft.com
Wed Aug 13 16:42:11 PDT 2008

> I think Allen Wirfs-Brock was in favor of merging the lists, but we
> could just rename es4-discuss to es-discuss. Is it worth dropping
> that 4?

I think that "es-discuss" is a lot more "future proof" and now is as good a time to change as any.

As I've already mentioned to Brendan, I think it may be useful in the long term to separate detailed discussion of the "next" revision from longer term or speculative discussions.  However, for now, we need to rebuild a single community and most of the ES3.x-discuss items are getting (or should be) cross posted to es4-discuss anyway. Given that, I think we should just merge the lists and if we find that 3.1 and post 3.1 items are getting intermingled in a confusing manner we can always split it out again.  I suppose one way to preserve that option is for everyone to just stop posting to ES3.x-discuss and only post the new es-discuss.

Allen