function hoisting like var

YR Chen maian330 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 6 19:13:53 PDT 2008

It's not that your code is convoluted (although it is), it's that the added
complexity to parse {{...}}, backwards incompatibility of that syntax (code
generators), and the questionable aesthetics (it really is subjective) just
make it infeasible. All just to provide a hoisted-let-like functionality.
Plus, it's a dead horse that's been beaten one too many times :)

I would like ES3.x to support let functionality, but I'd rather ES3.x just
implement let statements/declarations, rather than {{...}}. I think others
would agree with me here.

I also prefer Igor's proposal more than {{...}}. And even if you solve
problematic continuations (return/continue/break), I would like them to be
generalized into first-class blocks.

-Yuh-Ruey Chen