defineProperty/getProperty design sketch

P T Withington ptw at pobox.com
Wed Apr 23 16:56:25 PDT 2008

On 2008-04-23, at 18:35 EDT, Brendan Eich wrote:

> The StrawName column contains some proposed names for the
> combinations or N/A where the combination is nonsense. These flag-bit-
> combination names do not always add clarity compared to |'ed flag-bit
> manifest constant names, IMHO.

I have to admit, those don't clarify it for me either.  I'm trying to
understand:  what would I say in a class attribute declaration to get
the corresponding properties.  If the name were mnemonic for that, it
might help.  If there is no way to get the corresponding properties
with a class attribute declaration, why would we support doing so
dynamically?