ES4 stable draft: object initializers

Jeff Dyer jodyer at adobe.com
Thu Apr 17 13:06:33 PDT 2008

The catchall syntax seems heavy handed for the use cases it serves. It
introduces new syntax, not just special meaning for Œmeta¹ qualified names,
and it is otherwise possible to create object values with catchalls by using
classes.

I propose that we remove the productions that begin with ³meta::get²,
³meta::set², ³meta::has², ³meta::delete² and ³meta::invoke².

Jd