ES4 draft: strict mode

liorean liorean at gmail.com
Wed Apr 16 18:09:59 PDT 2008

On 17/04/2008, Mark S. Miller <erights at google.com> wrote:
> What is the significance of intrinsic vs __ES4__? I'm asking because I'm
> thinking of possibly proposing that "global" also name the global object in
> ES3.1. However, ES3.1 has no namespaces.

__ES4__ is per default open in ES4 mode but not in ES3 mode, it's a
way to protect the ES3 namespace from being infected by names and
functionality that could break live ES3 programs.
intrinsic is on the other hand not open per default but has to be
specified explicitly, either in implicit::identifier form or through a
use implicit directive. Or that's my understanding of it, anyway.
--
David "liorean" Andersson