ES4 draft: assert expression

Waldemar Horwat waldemar at google.com
Wed Apr 16 16:26:41 PDT 2008

My comments:

I'm agnostic at this point as to whether there should be a way to disable assertions.  Different languages do it different ways, and some provide both, with no clear winner.

> The |assert| expression is a new /PrimaryExpression/. The identifier
> |assert| is contextually reserved.

How big is "assert"'s reservation context -- is it like "let" and other such things?  I assume that this means that "assert" cannot be used as an identifier in an expression (except after a dot field name operator or similar such places).

    Waldemar