Strict mode recap

Jon Zeppieri jaz at
Thu Apr 10 20:30:37 PDT 2008

On 4/10/08, Jon Zeppieri <jaz at> wrote:
>     var o = { null var count = 100, ... };

Sorry:  two syntactic mistakes, here, one of which is interesting.
The boring one is my use of '=' rather than ':'.

But after reading the object initializer draft, I see that, if the
intent of the above were legal, the syntax would be:

var o = { var null::count: 100 };

Is it still the case that instance variables in classes are defined like:

public var count = ...

If so, why the difference (discounting the colon/equal part, that is)?