Dynamic class default (was Re: Class method addition...)

Neil Mix nmix at pandora.com
Mon Apr 7 10:45:55 PDT 2008

On Apr 7, 2008, at 10:37 AM, Steven Johnson wrote:
> Dynamic classes also incur nontrivial overhead in memory use and
> runtime
> performance. IMHO we'd want a fairly compelling argument for making
> all
> classes dynamic by default.

It would probably put an end to the acrimony about ES4 being too
different from ES3; I'm hesitant to speak for the views of others, but
I suspect this change would make the language a lot more palatable for
many currently opposed to it.  In that light, "compelling" is going to
be a highly subjective measurement.