Dynamic class default (was Re: Class method addition...)

Kris Zyp kris at sitepen.com
Sun Apr 6 20:10:41 PDT 2008

> Since you grant use-cases for sealing objects against mutation, are
> you simply arguing about what the default should be (that 'dynamic
> class' should not be required to get an extensible-instance factory,
> that 'class' should do that)?

Well if it is up for debate... Can we have classes be dynamic by default,
and non-dynamic if the class is declared to be "final"? I realize that
non-dynamic and final are not identical concepts, but they are similar.
Keywords surely count towards the complexity budget, this would save us a
buck.

Kris