Strict mode recap

Mark Miller erights at gmail.com
Fri Apr 4 06:32:29 PDT 2008

On Thu, Apr 3, 2008 at 8:34 PM, Jon Zeppieri <jaz at bu.edu> wrote:
>  ... treats the environment as if it were a datum.  I know that in the
>  ES3 spec all bindings are referred to as properties of objects, but
>  activation objects are only notional entities.  The current ES4
>  proposal seems to raise their status by giving programmers a simple
>  mechanism to (practically) reify them.

If it's not too violent a change to the spec language, I would like to
see the ES3.1 spec fix that. If we were modifying the spec to document
only ES3.1 strict mode, that would probably be easy. But the new spec
must account for both ES3.1 strict  mode and ES3.1 loose mode.

A separate question: What do people think of "loose" for the opposite
of "strict"?

 Cheers,
 --MarkM