Scope of Work for Decimal Support

Lars Hansen lhansen at
Thu Apr 3 12:29:47 PDT 2008

I for one think that the current design in the
RI is not acceptable -- a lexically scoped pragma
is probably the wrong way to control the decimal
settings.  In my opinion this control facility
needs to be redesigned.

(Background for the list: The WG has agreed to cut
decimal from ES4, citing a lack of credible use cases
for candidate designs that are also backward compatible.
IBM disagrees with this position and would like to
rescue the feature, hence Wayne's question.)