Tail calls

Dave Herman dherman at ccs.neu.edu
Tue Mar 27 04:33:30 PDT 2007

> In the Specification section, I'd prefer if "return an undefined
> value" were changed to "return *undefined*" or "return the undefined
> value", since the returned value is very much defined in these cases.

Good point, thanks.

> The Expressions section doesn't note tail call position in
> conditionals (which are not user-definable operators).

Another good catch.

> On a pedantic note, S1/S2 in try, C1..n in switch, and S in catch
> should be braced, unless their syntaxes changed to Statement from
> BlockStatement from ES3->4 (I haven't looked).

It's a little informal at this point, but the intention was that S
ranges over statements, which includes BlockStatements, and C ranges
over switch clauses. But I'll make sure these details get tightened up
when we do start making things more formal.

Thanks for the helpful feedback!

Regards,
Dave