Object ID's

Igor Bukanov igor at mir2.org
Wed Mar 21 09:11:18 PDT 2007

I have a question about feasibility to implement intrinsic::hashcode
(even with collisions) efficiently in an implementation with a copy GC
collector. For me at seems that it would require to put an id in each
and every object to ensure that the hashcode stays the same during the
 lifetime of the object. Or there is some trick to avoid that?

On the other hand Dictionary can be implemented efficiently even if GC
moves objects since GC can rehash the table.

Regards, Igor