Object ID's

Graydon Hoare graydon at mozilla.com
Tue Mar 20 22:22:14 PDT 2007

Brendan Eich wrote:

> Would this be enough? If so, I think TG1 ought to consider it. It
> would be a small addition to the standard library.

This sort of thing -- either in app frameworks or the standard library
-- was certainly the purpose of adding intrinsic::hashcode. I hoped to
do a whole container library in the process of ES4, but it got shelved.

> Flash Dictionary users who rely on weakKeys = true should pipe up for
> the use-cases that require this.

I admit to not having considered that scenario. Perhaps a general
Weak<T> type would do?

-graydon