Object ID's

Peter Hall peter.hall at memorphic.com
Tue Mar 20 17:47:12 PDT 2007

> So far we've failed to put a Dict type into the language; the utility
> is understood but there's not been a critical push.  At this point it
> may have been back-burnered long enough to be postponed until 5th
> Edition.

It *feels* more critical than the lambda syntax that is getting so
much attention in the other current thread. What is needed in order to
push this? I use AS3's Dictionary quite regularly for its weak keys,
and I imagine there would be growing need in JS as the number and
complexity of ajax apps increases.

Peter