Expression closures - use-cases for shortcut lambda syntax (blocks)

liorean liorean at gmail.com
Thu Mar 15 22:46:09 PDT 2007

On 16/03/07, Jon Zeppieri <zeppieri at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 3/15/07, Brendan Eich <brendan at mozilla.org> wrote:
> > My Unicode implant is on back-order -- what code point is that? Any
> > clue on how to type it on my Macbook Pro? Thanks,
>
> Code point: 0x03bb
>
> There are at least three ways to enter the character on the Mac.

In addition to those, editors written specifically for editing
ECMAScript 4 will also be able supply an easy method on inserting it
via either text replacement (insert \( and it magics that into λ) or
via some keypress combination.

One problem here is that text documents default to non-unicode code
pages on Windows (no idea about other OSes), and servers don't usually
serve javascript as utf-8 or utf-16.
--
David "liorean" Andersson