Wiki re-export

liorean liorean at gmail.com
Wed Mar 14 16:50:48 PDT 2007

On 14/03/07, Graydon Hoare <graydon at mozilla.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> A snapshot of the ES4 committee wiki has been re-exported to the Mozilla
> development website. The URL for the current snapshot is:
>
> http://developer.mozilla.org/es4/
>
> The URL containing HTML-differences between the previous and current
> export (marked with ins and del tags) is:
>
> http://developer.mozilla.org/es4/export-diff/

Just a few things...

In Chapter 4, you have
> procedure multiply(v1:*,v2:*)
> proc divide(v1:*,v2:*)

For consistency, either proc or procedure should be used throughout
that listing instead of half using one, half the other..

In Chapter 6, you say the operators are "is", "as", "to", but the
actual operators you define are "is", "cast", "to".

In Chapter 6, I would like more detail on the type operator. For
example, does this work?

    type N={
        left:(N,Null),
        right:(N,Null),
        value:*};

In other words, could I define recursive data structures like that? If
not, is some other way of defining recursive data structures
available?

In Chapter 9, set must have a void result type. Wouldn't this destroy
the possiblity of doing things like:

    while(foo=bar)
         /* use foo */;

That would work using default accessors but not using setters...

In Chapter 10, you still use the as operator instead of the cast
operator. "var y : I = x as I"

In Chapter 13, both as and cast are listed as keywords.

This mail was brought to you by insomnia...
--
David "liorean" Andersson