default constructors and implicit super() insertion

Brendan Eich brendan at mozilla.org
Fri Jun 22 14:43:00 PDT 2007

On Jun 22, 2007, at 2:20 PM, Peter Hall wrote:

> I can't see much about this on the wiki export, and it is barely
> touched on here:
> http://www.mozilla.org/js/language/es4/core/
> classes.html#superconstructor

That's way out of date, it goes back to the post-Edition 3 period
where Waldemar Horwat was leading the charge. It's not relevant to
the current work exported at http://developer.mozilla.org/es4/ and
available as reference implementation with trac bugsystem at http://
ecmascript-lang.org/.

Sorry to say that http://developer.mozilla.org/es4/spec/spec.html is
also pretty stale, but there is a plan to revamp it in the short run,
yielding a skeleton with a few pieces of meat on the bones, before
the next wiki export.

I'll duck your main points and let Jeff and others answer them ;-).