Separating a Hash type from Object

Brendan Eich brendan at mozilla.org
Wed Jul 25 10:36:37 PDT 2007

I can take maximum blame for advocating Dict over Dictionary, based
on brevity and the Python type, transliterated appropriately
(capitalized, I mean ;-).

But Hash is just as good by that crude metric.

We'll have another straw poll. Hash was mooted early on, but then
Dictionary stuck, and later I urged brevity. Thanks for the reminder.

/be