Speaking of Lisp...

zwetan zwetan at gmail.com
Sat Jan 6 10:56:58 PST 2007

On 1/6/07, Brendan Eich <brendan at mozilla.org> wrote:

> Sounds like one vote for a Dictionary class.  Could you cite some
> URLs documenting Proxy and Dictionary from the Flex SDK (I'm assuming
> these are not "AS3" but "host" types).

and another vote here :)

most wanted AS3 class I would want to see native in ES4 are:
flash.utils.ByteArray
flash.utils.Dictionary
flash.utils.Proxy

and btw Tamarin already have these (in the shell, not the core language)

ByteArray
\mozilla\js\tamarin\shell\ByteArray.as
\mozilla\js\tamarin\shell\ByteArrayGlue.cpp
\mozilla\js\tamarin\shell\ByteArrayGlue.h

and Dictionnary
..\mozilla\js\tamarin\extensions\Dictionary.as
..\mozilla\js\tamarin\extensions\DictionaryGlue.cpp
..\mozilla\js\tamarin\extensions\DictionaryGlue.h

Concerning flash.utils.Proxy
its features should be combined imho with the intrinsic namespace
http://developer.mozilla.org/es4/spec/chapter_5_names.html#intrinsic_namespace
and the catchalls
http://developer.mozilla.org/es4/proposals/catchalls.html

so concerning the hash and overriding of hash
I would like to be able to do something like that in ES4

  class Foobar {
    . . .
    public function hash():uint {
      var seed:uint ^= propA.hash();
           seed       ^= propB.hash();
      return intrinsic::hash( seed );

with that logic
function intrinsic::hash( seedvalue ):uint, the non-overridable
universal hash method call.
function hash( seedvalue ):uint, the hash method call

hope that make sens ?

zwetan