extracting namespace from a property

Jeff Walden jwalden at MIT.EDU
Thu Feb 15 05:53:45 PST 2007

Er, oops.

There's no prefix property, but there *is* a [[Prefix]] internal property, which implementations may optionally preserve.  So if you use QName for |for (var qn in obj)| and preserve prefixes, you have to also manage some form of [[Prefix]].  The fact that it's not visible except by those methods which say they'll look at |name.[[Prefix]]| makes it slightly better, but only slightly, in my opinion.  It's still added complexity and conflation of the same concept in two different contexts, which is the primary argument I'd make against it.

Jeff

--
Rediscover the Web!
http://snurl.com/get_firefox