Iterator/Generator methods and Iterator Generics

Yuh-Ruey Chen maian330 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 2 00:10:06 PST 2007

Well, you can add reimplement all the JS1.6 array extras (filter, etc.)
on Object.prototype meaningfully (except maybe map). That would make the
"intentionally generic" methods truly be generic in practice.

The downside would be the problem that all methods share: they must be
called on some non-null value. Taking the global function approach
avoids this problem - in fact, I suspect that is why Python chose this
approach. However, syntactically the method approach looks better, e.g.
array.length reads better than len(array) IMO.

-Yuh-Ruey Chen