ECMAScript 4 Implementation Progress
jresig at mozilla.com
Mon Dec 10 14:47:27 PST 2007
Hi Everyone -
I've started mapping out the progress that's being made on ECMAScript 4 implementations. This has been a multi-stage project, thus far, with the following steps having already been sort-of completed:
1) Mapping out all the features, changes, and bug fixes that are going into the language (nicely categorized, as well).
2) Getting a very rough checklist filled out for each of the implementations.
Note that I've left off static implementations (like ActionScript 3 and JScript 8) in favor of ones that are being actively developed.
You can view it here:
The next phases of this are:
- Convert this into a more-presentable form (nice, pretty, web page)
- Write up code examples for each individual item (that way they can be easily verified in the implementations and understood by readers)
- Get people to help me fill this out and keep this updated!
The last one is important - and why I'm pinging this list first before heading to the general public. If you have any insight into any of these implementations, or the specification, please drop me an email and I'll gladly give you commit privileges to the spreadsheet).
Feedback is greatly appreciated.
More information about the Es4-discuss