Some bugs of Spec.

Eric Suen eric.suen.tech at gmail.com
Wed Aug 22 20:36:00 PDT 2007

23-Jul-2007: Require Block body in LetStatement

according: http://bugs.ecmascript.org/ticket/85

ExpressionStatement ::=
 [lookahead !{ function, let, { }] ListExpression[allowColon,allowIn]

Isn't that enough to tell "let (x = 10);" is LetStatement not
ExpressionStatement with LetExpression?

YieldExpression ::= yield
 | yield AssignmentExpression

because yield is ContextuallyReservedIdentifier, so:

 var yield;
 yield;

is this yield a Identifier or YieldExpression?

 if (yield) {
 }

is this yield a Identifier or YieldExpression?

unit not in ReservedIdentifier or ContextuallyReservedIdentifier

FunctionDeclaration ::= function FunctionName FunctionSignature

should be

FunctionDeclaration[w] ::=
  function FunctionName FunctionSignature Semicolon[w]

AnnotatableDirective[global,w] ::=
   Attribute[t] AnnotatableDirective[global,w]
 | PackageDefinition

PackageDefinition ::=
 PackageAttributes 'package' PackageNameOpt PackageBody

Attribute[t] conflict with PackageAttributes

NamespaceAttribute ::= public
 | Identifier
 | Path . Identifier

Isn't Path already including them all?

Path ::= Identifier
 | Path . Identifier

Is there any plan when the Spec. will be form?

Regards,

Eric