Comments to the JSON related proposals

zwetan zwetan at gmail.com
Tue Aug 21 13:36:36 PDT 2007

On 8/21/07, Brendan Eich <brendan at mozilla.org> wrote:
> On Aug 21, 2007, at 1:24 AM, zwetan wrote:
>
> > +1 for being able to set the attributes
> >
> > but I think we should not add a TRANSIENT attributes for ES3,
> > DONTENUM should be enought and backward compatible
>
> See http://wiki.ecmascript.org/doku.php?id=proposals:enumerability

ok, but is it still at the proposal stage or does DontEnum() and DontDelete()
are accepted :) ?

also to be "complete" a ReadOnly() could also be usefull,
I mean also in the context of JSON serialization/deserialization
to protect some properties to be overriden by the parsing of a JSON string

use case: a config file with protected properties
you could load a JSON string to change the configuration
but some parameters would just be protected by the ReadOnly()
it could even be more efficient than a whitelist or blacklist

zwetan