Are Static Members Inherited?

Garrett Smith dhtmlkitchen at gmail.com
Fri Aug 17 14:05:17 PDT 2007

The example in section 9.2.7 demonstrates static members, including
those of an ancestor superclass, being accessible through an instance.

Section 9.6.2 clearly states that static methods are not accessible
through derived class objects (though does not mention anything about
static properties).

Am I to understand that static members (methods and properties) are
visible through the scope chain of instances of derived classes (as in
example in 9.2.7)?

2. Can static methods be abstract? I think that this should be a
compile-time error (static abstract function).

Garrett