Question about joined function object of ECMA-262 3rd edition

Shijun He hax.sfo at gmail.com
Sat Aug 4 11:55:10 PDT 2007

On 7/27/07, liorean <liorean at gmail.com> wrote:
> Functions with different scope may be joined, but only if the scope
> difference will lead to no externally observable difference.

I would like to say my opinion again: though your words is very
reasonable, and I believe that may be the original meaning of the
authors of es3, but I can't read it from the specification. The spec
only say if there is no observable diff, then the impl could not only
join them but also use the same object at all.

You know english is not my native language, so may be I misunderstand it.