Internet Explorer 8 and Other Browsers?

Nicolas Cannasse ncannasse at motion-twin.com
Fri Aug 3 03:23:29 PDT 2007

>>> Is Microsoft working with ECMA TG1 ?
>>>
> Should someone invite them?

I'm not sure they would come :)

>>> What roadmap or plans are there for Mozilla and Safari?
>>>
>> for IE, ScreamingMonkey should cover that part
>> wether Microsoft implement ES4 or not
>>
> So IE is going to ship with ScreamingMonkey? Or is this an extension that
> can be added?

It's an extension. Given that MS promotes its own technologies (.Net and
SilverLight) I don't think they will be interested in including ES4 in IE.

> I'm asking because if ES4 will run in Mozilla only, I can't use new features
> on cross-browser apps.

I don't know if there is an ES4 -> classic'JS code generator, like haXe
is doing (http://haxe.org). This way you can target all browsers without
needing some additional language support.

Nicolas