Internet Explorer 8 and Other Browsers?

Garrett dhtmlkitchen at gmail.com
Thu Aug 2 23:16:52 PDT 2007

zwetan-3 wrote:

> On 8/2/07, Garrett Smith <dhtmlkitchen at gmail.com> wrote:
>> What sort of ECMAScript support can we expect to see in Internet Explorer
>> 8?
>>
>> Is Microsoft working with ECMA TG1 ?

Should someone invite them?

>> What roadmap or plans are there for Mozilla and Safari?
>>

> for IE, ScreamingMonkey should cover that part
> wether Microsoft implement ES4 or not

So IE is going to ship with ScreamingMonkey? Or is this an extension that
can be added?

If it's an extension, it won't be very useful for web development because
average users can't be expected to install it.

I'm asking because if ES4 will run in Mozilla only, I can't use new features
on cross-browser apps.

> see
> http://wiki.mozilla.org/Tamarin:ScreamingMonkey

I read that, and I still don't know.