using SML for the ES4 spec

Stephen Weeks sweeks at sweeks.com
Mon Oct 30 14:35:43 PST 2006

> I think that would be useful, yes. I'm curious what you did for Unicode
> in particular. We have constructed some subset of this material for ES4
> in the past week, but there is still much to do. It would be nice to
> have something to compare with, at least.

I've put the code in the MLton SVN repository at

  svn://mlton.org/mltonlib/trunk/com/entain/javascript/unstable

It's browseable on the web at

  http://mlton.org/cgi-bin/viewsvn.cgi/mltonlib/trunk/com/entain/javascript/unstable/

The only thing I did to handle Unicode was make the internal
representation of strings a vector of 32-bit words (and have the lexer
handle \u and \U escapes of course).  See the "String" structure in
javascript.fun.