JSON decoding

Brendan Eich brendan at mozilla.com
Tue Oct 24 13:41:36 PDT 2006

On Oct 24, 2006, at 4:38 PM, P T Withington wrote:

> On 2006-10-24, at 15:46 EDT, Brendan Eich wrote:
>
>> Here's the latest wiki'd proposal (thanks to Doug for updating it)
>> for a standard JSON codec ([pretty] means optional argument, not
>> array initialiser):
>
> [...]
>
> Seems much cleaner.
>
> Too bad about RFC 4627 and Date Literal, though.

It's not a big deal in practice, from what I hear.  And more
important, the KISS principle really does not want JSON to subsume
ISO Date details.  I'll let Bob, Doug, and others who actually deal
with lots of JSON (not saying you don't, just haven't heard that
yet ;-) talk about how infrequently Date objects turn up in trees to
be serialized.