SML vs Ocaml for ECMA script spec.

Daniel C. Wang danwang74 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 24 10:30:11 PDT 2006

This is all great news. I hope you all know what a groundbreaking a step
this is in terms of the state of the art in language specification.

I wish you guys all the luck. In one of my pipe dreams someone sits down
and uses ML to specify something like the JVM or CLR next. Then of
course everyone reads the wonderfully concise specs that they can also
execute, and start wondering... why the hell am I programing in Java,
C#, or Javascript! :)  (okay, I'll admit these days that C# is looking
pretty cool too, if it only had datatypes...)

The history of ML was that it was the "scripting" language for a theorem
prover. At some point people realized that it was cool and useful on
it's own.