Interfaces without implementation are like a day without sunshine

John Cowan cowan at ccil.org
Tue Oct 24 05:49:05 PDT 2006

P T Withington scripsit:

> Yes, we allow multiple inheritance of traits.  Our traits are the
> same as mixins, it just seems that trait is a more modern term (in
> line with classes implementing an ontology, as opposed to modeling
> ice cream flavors).

As I understand it, "trait" implies there are no instance variables,
whereas "mixin" may or may not, depending on the source tradition.

John Cowan    http://ccil.org/~cowan    cowan at ccil.org
SAXParserFactory [is] a hideous, evil monstrosity of a class that should
be hung, shot, beheaded, drawn and quartered, burned at the stake,
buried in unconsecrated ground, dug up, cremated, and the ashes tossed
in the Tiber while the complete cast of Wicked sings "Ding dong, the
witch is dead."  --Elliotte Rusty Harold on xml-dev