JSON decoding

Brendan Eich brendan at mozilla.org
Wed Oct 11 17:06:27 PDT 2006

On Oct 11, 2006, at 3:06 PM, Robert Sayre wrote:

> I'm pretty sure the group accepted some form of Crockford's parseJSON
> proposal, but I think it would be handy to add something analogous to
> simplejson's object_hook argument. One weakness JSON has is annotating
> literals (like strings with custom attributes), and this facility can
> make that smoother.
>
> <http://svn.red-bean.com/bob/simplejson/trunk/docs/module-
> simplejson.html#load>
>
> See "Specializing JSON object decoding" above as well.

Thanks, the wiki will be re-exported after the next face-to-face TG1
meeting (which is the end of next week).  We should have finalized
the JSON APIs by then.  We were already considering an optional
filter funarg, but Bob's object_hook is more powerful.  I've added a
comment to the wiki with that link.