Will there be a suggested file suffix for es4?

Jeff Dyer jodyer at adobe.com
Tue Oct 3 21:18:17 PDT 2006

> Then how do you suggest that the specification allows for the classes
> to be re-used between JS and AS applications?

I suggest that the specification only says how ECMAScript classes
interoperate. If JS and AS classes are ECMAScript classes then they will
be able to be re-used regardless of how they are loaded. How they are
loaded is up to the implementation.

This is not to say that those implementations that deal with files
should not agree on file naming conventions. I'm just saying that that
has not been the role of the ECMAScript Language Specification, at least
not yet.

Jd