Will there be a suggested file suffix for es4?

mob mob at mbedthis.com
Tue Oct 3 16:14:25 PDT 2006

Agree. The horse has already bolted.

Mime definition files, like those provided with web servers need to be
updated to cover the common ECMAScript extensions. Then the mapping from
extension to content type should be automatic.

However, I do agree that a "suggested" extension(s) for ES4 could prevent
more divergence than we already have. It would be good to be able to
distinguish an ES3 file from an ES4 file by extension.

Michael O'Brien