Argument unpacking?

Brendan Eich brendan at mozilla.org
Thu Nov 9 13:29:49 PST 2006

No plans.  Function.prototype.apply is still there, albeit not as
powerful or convenient.

I'm still hoping for something in ES4 that makes apply universal (it
doesn't work on alert in IE; this should not be allowed by the spec
by leaving it up to "host objects" to be broken if they ought to
delegate to Function.prototype).  It would also be helpful for
bootstrapping if new and apply could be composed; this came up when I
wrote Narcissus.  Suggestions?

/be