JSON decoding

Brendan Eich brendan at mozilla.com
Fri Nov 3 13:09:20 PST 2006

On Nov 3, 2006, at 1:09 AM, Nicolas Cannasse wrote:

> However I agree that a good Reflection/Introspection API is very
> important in a programming languages. For example, haXe have
> http://haxe.org/api/Reflect and http://haxe.org/api/Type APIs which
> can
> be used to implement a lot of different libraries.
>
> Again, I'm in favor of opening the ES4 language as much as possible by
> providing the base API that needs VM-level support.

See the newly re-exported wiki dump at http://developer.mozilla.org/
es4/, specifically http://developer.mozilla.org/es4/proposals/
meta_objects.html -- this is a normative spec proposed for an
optional part of the standard library.  I.e., you can't expect to
find it on tiny embeddings, but if it's there, it will all be there
as specified.