Suggestions

Lars T Hansen lth at opera.com
Fri Jun 30 01:53:48 PDT 2006

Nicolas Cannasse writes:

 > - gotos : would permit to efficently generate pattern-matching without
 > bloating the code.

Proper tail calls takes care of some of this need, but that said,
Opera has had 'goto' since 8.0 or so.

(Why? I hear you cry.  The reason is pretty silly.  The 550 point
version of Colossal Cave Adventure was originally written in Fortran
and then machine translated to C-with-gotos.  C and ECMAScript being
syntactically close I wanted to run it with minimal changes as a
script in Opera.  So 'goto' was added solely for this reason, though
it's later found some other uses as well.)

--lars