Date.prototype.getTime

Jim Grandy jgrandy at openlaszlo.org
Tue Jun 27 21:07:01 PDT 2006

On Jun 27, 2006, at 8:07 PM, Peter Hall wrote:

> I don't have a mac here to test, but I was under the impression that
> timing within Actionscript had a lower precision on macs than windows
> (as opposed to P.T.Withington's observation of the reverse).

There's a site (http://www.merlyn.demon.co.uk/js-dates.htm) with a
table comparing timing resolution of different browsers. It shows
that IE and Firefox on Windows have an updating interval of 10 msec
or worse, whereas Mac browsers tend to be closer to 1 msec. (The
Firefox/OSX entry must be for FF1.0 -- FF1.5 on my Mac has an
updating interval of 1 or thereabouts.) Numerical resolution is close
to 1 across the board, though.

jim