Concurrency support?

Brendan Eich brendan at mozilla.org
Mon Jun 26 14:12:57 PDT 2006

On Jun 26, 2006, at 5:09 PM, Chris Double wrote:

> I am a big fan of providing the tools for people to build these sorts
> of things as libraries though. Native delimited continuations in
> Javascript would enable coroutines, etc to be added on as libraries.

If this were 1995, *and* we had a sound library mechanism with the
right identity and security guarantees, I would agree.  But at this
point I agree with Lars: "ECMAScript needs to be a rich language with
features that are immediately useful to its core audiences, and which
play well with each other in the sense that they have unsurprising
consequences when composed."