Concurrency support?

Chris Double chris.double at double.co.nz
Sun Jun 25 17:39:42 PDT 2006

> Any chance that concurrency support can be put (or already is) on the
> radar?

With the generator support being discussed for Javascript it seems it
would be possible to build a simple lightweight thread library, as per
this Python approach:

http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/linux/library/l-pythrd.html

It's not quite as flexible as a Narrative Javascript's continuation
based approach since the 'yield' call can only be done within the
generator function, not in functions called by the generator function.

I tried to do an example similar to my lightweight threads example [1]
using JS 1.7's generators but struck that issue. I'm seeing if I can
work around it to get the example running using generators and yield.

[1] http://www.bluishcoder.co.nz/2006/06/more-concurrency-in-narrative.html

Chris.
--
http://www.bluishcoder.co.nz