questions on nullability

P T Withington ptw at openlaszlo.org
Thu Jun 15 12:31:58 PDT 2006

> From: Lars T Hansen <lth at opera.com>
> Date: 15 June 2006 05:26:57 EDT
[...]
> The entire reason that the class definition can be annotated is to
> make it easier for the programmer not to have to worry about null when
> using classes for which a null value does not make sense.

Hi Lars,

Just curious why the default is to permit null.  Seems to me that it
is more common for it _not_ to make sense for a type to include the
null value.  Is it just that that would be too great a departure from
Javascript 1?

[Just getting up to speed on this project, great to see you on it!]

P T Withington

OpenLazslo.ORG                       <http://www.openlaszlo.org>
mailto:ptw at openlaszlo.org      skype:ptwithy     aim:ptw at mac.com