Module owners

Ben Bangert bbangert at mozilla.com
Tue Aug 19 13:11:35 PDT 2014

On Aug 18, 2014, at 2:26 PM, Jonas Sicking <jonas at sicking.cc> wrote:

> Sounds like something you should also send an email to governance about.
>
> / Jonas
>

> On Mon, Aug 18, 2014 at 1:32 PM, Chris Karlof <ckarlof at mozilla.com> wrote:
>
> On Jul 11, 2014, at 9:48 AM, Ian Bicking <ibicking at mozilla.com> wrote:
>
>> There's two identity-related modules:
>>
>> https://wiki.mozilla.org/Modules/All#IdentityAttachedServices
>> Owner:	Ben Adida
>> Peer(s):	Mark Mayo, Jed Parsons, Lloyd Hilaiel
>>

> I am renaming this module to "Firefox Accounts” and taking ownership. I’ll designate appropriate peers.
>
>> https://wiki.mozilla.org/Modules/All#BrowserID
>> Owner:	Ben Adida
>> Peer(s):	Mike Hanson, Lloyd Hilaiel, Jonas Sicking, Jed Parsons
>>
>> That is not an awesome owner/peer list, with Mark the last one standing on one, and Jonas on the other.  I propose no solution, except that we should find one ;)
>>
>> --
>> Ian Bicking  |  Cloud Services Engineering Manager

It would be reasonable to add a 'Cloud Services' category for modules, with appropriate server-side modules under it. Right now some of the modules are kind of odd in that the owner is not actually capable of doing code reviews of various parts (not familiar with the language used on the server-side), only some of the peers. Some of the modules only list the client-side portion and not the server-side at all (https://wiki.mozilla.org/Modules/All#Find_My_Device). I'm currently working on Push components, but purely the server-side portion of it and the module for it only covers client-side.

- Ben