ToS and PP updates

Chris Karlof ckarlof at mozilla.com
Thu Aug 14 14:04:05 PDT 2014

On Aug 14, 2014, at 12:44 PM, Peter deHaan <pdehaan at mozilla.com> wrote:

> Random question...
>
> So we have a ToS and PP for FxA/Sync and eventually FMD and probably Marketplace and lots of other services.
> I vaguely recall a conversation about fxa-server (i think) capturing the user's preferred locale(s) and storing then in The Cloud.
>
> Say we decide to update the Find Mein Device ToS in the future and want to notify user's of the changes via email. Do we have any way of doing that? Are we storing a user's attached services anywhere (like the Profile server)? Or is the general expectation that the user just return to accounts.firefox.com/legal from time to time and check the dates to see if there have been recent changes to the ToS/PP?
>
> -peter

We aren’t storing the user’s attached services centrally anywhere, outside of the Oauth server, which is more about tokens, not services.

If we had to do to this today, I suspect we’d get the list of FxA uids from FMD and then join them with the FxA DB to get the list of emails. Not awesome, and I suspect it will have to start to hurt bad enough for us to build something in a more automated way.

-chris