CLA bot

Peter deHaan pdehaan at mozilla.com
Wed Aug 13 17:10:17 PDT 2014

Apparently this is a thing: https://github.com/clabot/clabot

----- Original Message -----
From: "Peter deHaan" <pdehaan at mozilla.com>
To: dev-fxacct at mozilla.org, "Ryan Feeley" <rfeeley at mozilla.com>, "John Gruen" <jgruen at mozilla.com>
Sent: Thursday, August 7, 2014 5:26:33 PM
Subject: CLA bot

So, this was interesting...
I submitted a PR against YUI for them to update to request at 2.40.0 (because reasons), and I got an automated GitHub comment from a `yahoocla` bot asking me to make sure I sign the Yahoo CLA:
https://github.com/yui/yui3/pull/1934#issuecomment-51510788

You click the link, authorize their GitHub app, type "I AGREE" into a text field, and hit submit to digitally sign their contributor CLA.

It only took a few clicks, but made it pretty easy to sign a repo's CLA and contribute to their code base. Not sure what rules we have about CLA stuff, or if we just ask people to add their name to a CONTRIBUTORS file when they make an edit.

-peter